Are you passionate about all things social media and motivated to build a strong and engaging community? We are seeking a digitally savvy marketing mind to create engaging social media content for 5 Media’s channels.
If you are up to date with new social media trends and platforms, can write captivating content and create high quality visuals, and are motivated to join a small but passionate team, then you are just the person we’re looking for.
5 is an impact media foundation co-creating a sustainable future. We aim to inspire and unite behind great ideas, through storytelling, partnerships and building an engaged community in order to accelerate positive change.
About the role
This is a full-time position for an experienced Social Media Manager, who shares our ideas and values and wants to contribute to our mission of engaging people to create a better future. You will be working on site in Los Gatos, California.
- Co- responsible for the management of 5’s social media profiles; Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, TikTok & new channels we test. All our accounts will be managed together with the European Social Media Manager.
- Content Planning and Creation: You will be responsible for daily content across our social media channels; copywriting captions, creating graphics/videos, planning, coordinating, producing and scheduling content.
- Collaborations: Plan, coordinate and produce content for giveaways and collaborations with content creators, brands, experts, partners etc.
- Social Listening: Moderating/answering all comments and messages across our social media channels.
- Channel Optimization: Optimizing our performance across our social media channels by testing different tactics, new content formats etc.
- Social Advertising: Working alongside our Marketing Manager, you will support our advertising efforts by creating engaging content about the 5 brand, our stories and initiatives
You should be/have the following:
- An experienced specialist who is digitally savvy and collaborative;
- English speaker;
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience;
- Experience with managing social media channels professionally;
- Experience with creative tools such as Sprout Social and Adobe Creative Suite;
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail;
- An interest in staying up-to-date with current technologies and trends within social media;
- A natural way with words, style and tone to ensure each piece of content is both consistent and captivating;
- An energetic, flexible and helpful attitude;
- A strong affinity with working for a charitable organization and the personal ambition to make an impact.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.