5 is a non-profit impact media foundation. Our goal is to use the power of storytelling to illuminate the way toward a more sustainable future, and show that the time for action is now. We want to inspire and engage our community to take action and accelerate positive change.
We are now looking for a dynamic and energetic Director of Storytelling to lead our content team of seven people across our offices in Copenhagen and Amsterdam.
With the team you will develop the voice of 5, and it will be your role to ensure that all our content is on-brand. You will be part of a small management team and will be a close sparring partner for our Executive Director. In addition to being a great leader, a team player, and a fan of our mission and our approach, you should have a passion for how storytelling can drive positive change.
If you are an experienced journalist or editor and an inspirational leader with a mission driven mindset, motivated to manage a small but passionate team, you might just be the person we’re looking for.
About the role
This is a full-time position for an experienced Director of Storytelling, who shares our ideas and values and wants to contribute to our mission of engaging people to create a better future. You will be working on site in Copenhagen and will report to our Executive Director who is based in our Copenhagen office. As Director of Storytelling it is your job to translate our overall mission into storytelling for the various channels and formats we use to engage our community. You will be leading our content team currently consisting of 7 people across our offices in Copenhagen and Amsterdam: 2 editors/writers, a visual director, a visual editor, a videographer, a SoMe manager and an outreach consultant.
- Management of the editorial team (7fte)
- Together with our Executive Director and the team to further develop 5’s storytelling and editorial strategy
- Ensure that all storytelling is aligned with the strategy
- To realize high growth of 5’s reach and activate our audience
- To use storytelling to reach our overall goal of engaging a community to take action
- To coach, inspire and manage the people on the team and contribute to a creative and energetic work environment
What we can offer
- A meaningful job and to be a part of a very strong international team.
- Market based salary/benefits.
- A dynamic and flexible work environment.
- Extensive experience as a journalist/editor with proven leadership skills
- (7years+) in a publishing environment
- Excellent English writer/speaker
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Solid understanding and knowledge about social media and digital platforms
- Flexible and with an appetite for an entrepreneurial environment with an appreciation for varied workplace cultures. Experience within an international setting would be considered a plus
- The right balance of disciplined critical thinking, creative passion, and a hands-on approach
- Ability to own the room
- A strong affinity for working for a charitable organization and the personal ambition to make